POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Twentieth Century Fox films logo (21st actually) : Re: WIP Twentieth Century Fox films logo (21st actually) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:23:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Twentieth Century Fox films logo (21st actually)
From: dlm
Date: 4 Mar 2006 15:39:38
Message: <4409fb0a$1@news.povray.org>
"Bob Hughes" <omniverse@charter%net> wrote in message
news:44079ff9@news.povray.org...
> Sure glad you found that original render! I couldn't get anywhere except
> to the web ring at that page. The architecture link is broken for me and
> no "gallery" that I could find either. The page about the church is a nice
> surprise.

Nathan's page is pretty much a stone wall last touched 3 years ago - in
2003,
but looking at the source clued me in to his structure.
So http://www.no13.net/html/ for the html (check the functional
galleryN.html) and
http://www.no13.net/gallery1/ etc for the gallery of POV images.
and http://www.thiessen-architects.com/ for his then current work place.

> Thanks so much for posting the files, too, DLM. I see that the old
> atmosphere keyword was being used, and that it actually dates back to 1996
> not 1998 like I had thought. I was still a POV-Ray newbie, maybe two years
> into it.

Before I discovered POV, but I figured as much - also had to add semicolons
for syntax compliance on declares;

> If I can, I'm going to try and recreate that "lamp" object of Nathan's to
> be like the 1935 to 1953 design. Looks like it might have glass or chrome
> in that, the pictures aren't exactly clear to me. Which is why I went
> ahead with my idea of how that building's lower front part might be glass
> and squared pillars, since I didn't think of it as cylindrical pillars
> there.

For your beams do you use a parabolic reflector? Or is that a pair of cones?

> Anyway... thanks again!
My pleasure...